“When companies grow quickly, there are more things to do than there are people to do them. If you’re offered a seat on a rocket ship, don’t ask what seat. Just get on.” Eric Schmidt once said this to Sheryl Sandberg and explained that only one criterion matters when picking a job: fast growth. We couldn’t agree more.
Located just outside of Atlanta, SUPPLY.com is that rocket ship and we’re growing at a rate that just might break the sound barrier. Why? The plumbing supply industry is about as old school as it gets. Our goal is to completely flip the script and revolutionize this archaic industry. How? Our team of entrepreneurs, creatives, and engineers serves up cutting edge technology with a generous helping of expert customer service. We work hard, celebrate wins, and build something great every day.
ABOUT THE POSITION
As a Junior Developer, you help to improve the systems and core processes that drive our e-commerce channels. You will work closely with a tight-knit team of experienced engineers to build the back-end development of our suite of digital properties and tools.
- Leverage C# and/or T-SQL to build systems to improve our company’s internal efficiency
- Help us oversee and improve our existing PIM system to create a more efficient product onboarding process
- Make an immediate business impact with your development projects
- Learn to use the latest software development tools as appropriate, like Visual Studio and SSMS
- Execute effectively within an open, Agile-inspired development process
- Maintain productivity and focus in an open work environment (no cubicles)
- Collaborate and work closely with team members of varying skill sets (developers and non-developers)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with application and/or website development in a .NET framework
- Detailed knowledge of software engineering fundamentals (algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, concurrent programming, etc.)
- It would be awesome if you also have:
- An ability to exhibit some familiarity with SQL database programming and performance in a large dataset environment
- Competitive salary, health benefits, and access to our 401(k) initiative
- A supportive work environment where your opinion is valued
- A learning culture with access to growth: Lynda.com credentials and if you find a book to read or an event to attend that will better your career, we’ll buy it for you
- Access to PluralSight and Visual Studio Professional account on us
- Relaxed dress code (no dry cleaning bills)
- Thursday Thank Yous: free lunches and fun activities every Thursday, courtesy of SUPPLY.com
- Quarterly brewery visits (we want to try all the tasty brews in the Atlanta area)
- Super discounted gym membership at the megacomplex next door