Located just outside of Atlanta, SUPPLY.com is an e-commerce and distribution company that is revolutionizing the archaic plumbing supply industry. How? Our team of entrepreneurs, creatives, and engineers serves up cutting edge technology with a generous helping of expert customer service. We work hard, celebrate wins, and build something great every day.
For over 10 years, our catalog has steadily expanded to include the industry’s top international brands, while our revenue and workforce have grown year over year. Three years ago, we had roughly 10,000 SKUs in our on-site warehouse and a team composed of less than 50 employees. Today, we have more than 20,000 SKUs on-site, a workforce exceeding 100 personnel, and in the past 12 months, we processed over 172,000 orders. Our hard work has resulted in 20% revenue growth from 2012 to 2013 and 17% revenue growth between 2013 and 2014.
About the Position
As a AP Coordinator, your primary responsibility will be to focus on vendor relationships within our company. You will also support the month end close, appropriate procedures, and bill payments through a critical analysis of facts. At SUPPLY.com, you’ll be on the ground floor of building a system where your work bridges the gap between departments and executive leadership and also drives the business forward.
- Effectively manage our Accounts Payable to ensure cash flow from operations are optimized
- Establish procedures for monitoring payables and on-time payments to vendors
- Communicate directly with vendors and proactively update management on status of accounts
- Reconcile balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Assist in preparing daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly financial reports, while monitoring key metrics (KPIs)
- Act as a liaison between the accounting hub and other corporate departments by assisting and engaging business unit personnel on general ledger issues as needed
- Provide support to internal and external auditors
- Proactively detect problems and resolve issues to maximize business objectives
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-2 years of accounting experience
- G/L, A/R and A/P experience
- Advanced skills in Excel (Pivots and VLOOKUPs)
- Financial expertise that allows you to apply relevant principles in a distribution environment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- A strategic-minded, entrepreneurial thought process that allows you to see the big picture and solve problems accordingly
- An ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative, team environment, balancing routine responsibilities with Ad-hoc requests
- A knack for setting priorities, establishing objectives/milestones, and scheduling activities effectively
- A passion for improvement and potential to advance to a leadership role (a must)